Multimedia learning resources (video lessons) available in Unitelma Sapienza e-learning courses can be accessed with the following devices, provided with a large bandwidth Internet connection:
- PCs with Microsoft* Windows* Vista / Seven / Eight
- Mac computers running Apple OS X*
- Mobile devices with Apple iOS* operating system (iPad*, iPod*, iPhone*)
Unitelma Sapienza does not support the access to its e-learning content using other operating systems (eg. the family of operating systems GNU* / Linux*). Unitelma Sapienza's e-learning platform was developed using open and universally recognized standards, so even with the use those systems should not present any problems. However, you may have some inconvenience in the reproduction of some resources audio/video.
* All trademarks are registered by their owners:
- Apple, OS X, iOS*, iPad *, iPod*, iPhone* are trademarks of Apple Computer Corporation.
- Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- GNU is a trademark of the Free Software Foundation Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds
Requirements for Internet connection
To view the video lessons available in Unitelma Sapienza' e-learning courses an Internet connection with a minimum speed of 256 Kb/s downstream (download) and 56 Kb s transmission (upload) is required.
The most common connection technology that provides these bandwidth characteristics is a generic ADSL. However, we recommend using an Internet connection with a bandwidth of 512 Kb/s (or higher) in download and 128 Kb/s (or higher) in upload.
The use of video lessons with other connections such as GPRS, UMTS and HSDPA is possible but is not directly assisted by Unitelma.
Hardware and Software Requirements for PC
- Pentium 4 class processor or higher
- 1GB of RAM or higher
- Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista / Seven / Eight
- Browser Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome + Adobe PDF Reader + Adobe Flash Player
- Sound card
- Headphones or speakers
Hardware and Software Requirements for MAC
- PowerPC G4 processor or higher
- 1GB of RAM or higher
- Operating System Apple OS X v10.4.x or higher
- Browser Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome + Schubert PDF Plugin + Adobe Flash Player (verification).
Hardware and Software Requirements for mobile Apple devices
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- iOS 5.1 or higher
- "Unitelma L2L" App for iPhone, iPad and iPod (free download from the App Store Apple).
- Download Adobe Flash Player for video lessons visualization
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing PDF in browsers other than Chrome on Windows
- Planet PDF - List of software for viewing PDF documents